Wednesday, January 7, 2009

McBurney Family Oil


This was a commissioned portrait on a 22 x 30 canvas, framed with a 6 inch wide frame. The frame was a family antique that was restored by the owner. The setup pictures were taken in the open field at different times. The daughter with the horse was in a different setting and the photo was inserted into the landscape. The parents photo and the 4 sons photos were then merged into the landscape. The daughter's flowing gown was in the original picture, so a formal setting photograph was used to "dress up" the remainder of the family members. This was the most challenging undertaking I have tried to date. Everyone told me I was crazy to even begin it, but the owner had a lot of faith in me and urged me to have fun with it and I really did end up having fun.

1 comment:

Saunie said...

Wow! Youv'e been busy. Nice collection of new paintings! The family was expecially well done. And I like the style of the ink and oil paintings.